If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A family dinner that always goes down a treat. For the sauce, Mark borrowed Giorgio Locatelli's recipe for beef ragu. We usually pair this dish with spaghetti squash.
- 2 pounds quality ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 bottle of cooking wine (red)
- 1 can crushed peeled tomatoes
- olive oil
- Start by sauteing the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in some olive oil until the vegetables are soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook over a medium heat until the beef is browned. At this point add the wine.
- Cook until all the liquid from the wine is gone and the alcohol aroma has disappeared. Now add the tomatoes and a cup of water. Allow this to cook down until the sauce reaches a thick consistency.
- Season to taste. Serve up over pasta or spaghetti squash.