If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The new copy of Food & Wine came in and had a picture of ooey-gooey grilled cheese on it. I saw the hot pepper jelly and that stuck in my head. Fast forward a couple of weeks, its cold in Michigan and soup / sandwich sounds comforting. Below is what came of it. I also took the sandwiches, cut them in 16ths and took them as an appetizer for New Years. —Fat Tony
- 1 packet Paramount Pita Squares
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 6 pieces crispy bacon
- 4 pieces cheese (cheddar, monterey or a mix)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- With a knife cut the edge of the pita and carefully open 2 pita's
- Add a tablespoon of jelly, in a thin layer, to one half of each pita
- Chop the bacon and add half to each sandwich
- Add half the cheese to each sandwich, top with the other half of the pita
- add some of the butter to a pan and grill each side of the pita until golden brown. Enjoy with a cup of Roasted Red Pepper Soup