If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to spruce up a bowl of muesli, and my favorite way to spruce anything up is by adding lemon zest! From there, I just kind of wandered in a sort of Middle Eastern-ish direction with some dates, pistachios, and a little drizzle of pomegranate molasses. —fiveandspice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 or so dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped, toasted pistachios
- 1 pinch or so flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses (or honey) -- adjust the amount you use to taste, depending on how sweet you like your oats
- The night before you want to eat the muesli, stir together the oats, milk, lemon zest, and dates. Cover and let them sit in a bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, take them out, sprinkle them with the pistachios, a pinch or two of flaky salt, and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses. Taste for sweetness and add more pomegranate molasses if you like things sweeter. Accompany with a nice big mug of coffee.