If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect comfort recipe for chilly winter mornings and it's not the usual porridge. This coconut banana bread will give you the feeling of having dessert for breakfast, just without the guilt. —Ariana
Makes 12 pieces
- 200 grams coconut oil
- 100 grams rice malt syrup
- 150 grams buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 200 milliliters almond milk
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 30 grams raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf pan (30 cm) with a little liquid coconut oil.
- Now melt the 200g coconut oil in the microwave or over hot water and mix then with the rice malt syrup.
- Combine in a separate bowl the flour with ground almonds and the baking powder.
- In your mixer purée the bananas and almond milk.
- Now mix together the coconut oil, the flour mix and the bananas in a bowl to form a smooth dough. The dough should be thick and not runny.
- Add the dough into the pan and put it in the oven for about 40-50 minutes. Every now and then, stick a toothpick into the centre of the bread and only when there is no longer dough on it the bread is done.
- Remove the bread from the oven and remove it from the pan onto a grill or chopping board to cool.
- In the meantime, you can make the glaze by simply heating the coconut oil in a small pot and add all the other ingredients with a whisk, when the oil has become liquid. Brush the glaze directly over the bread, preferably with a small brush and let it dry. Enjoy!