If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This smoothie is focused on the immune boosting, anti-inflammatory, liver support, antioxidant action of its main ingredients, along with good dietary fiber and protein. A nutritional bomb packed with flavor and goodness, just my kind of morning. —sil entre jardins
- 1 beetroot
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 5cm / 2 inches fresh ginger root
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 handful goji berries
- 1 handful golden berries or fresh physalis
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- If beet and carrots are young and fresh, just give them a good wash and scrub and cut them in chunky pieces.
- Blend all ingredients (a high-speed blender works best) with 1 cup of water until smooth.
- Serve with more berries, toasted seeds and/or nuts and bee pollen, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes