If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The taste and flavor of butternut squash is so delicate and pure that sometimes I don’t want to mix it with anything else! This soup recipe which is super easy to prepare brings out that flavor, the smoothness and delicateness of butternut squash. It’s a perfect first course for a meaty or strong second dish! Enjoy —Noghlemey
- 2.2 pounds butternut squash
- 500 milliliters milk
- 600 milliliters water
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cajun powder
- 1 piece fontana cheese
- . Peel and chop the butternut squash, place them on a pot on medium-high heat. Add the water and the milk and bring to boil. Be careful with the milk because is going to boil fast.
- . When it starts to boil, add bay leaves, salt, chili powder and cajun powder, mix all well. Cover and simmer on low-medium heat until the butternut squash is cooked.
- . Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Taste the soup and add seasoning if needed. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve hot with crispy butternut squash chips and some fontina cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes