If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crowd-pleasing salad featuring fresh vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean. Tomatoes, feta, peppers, olives and greens drizzled with a tangy dressing. —Joana
- Mixed greens (lettuce, arugula, watercress)
- 1 roasted or sautéed red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted or sautéed green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (for crunchiness, sautée in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes or until golden)
- 1 tangerine (or clementine), peeled and split into segments
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- 1 cup black or kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- pinches of salt
- For the dessing, place the olives, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and water in a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a soft paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until emulsified. Set aside.
- Place a generous portion of greens in a big bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Just before you are ready to serve, toss the salad with the tapenade dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes