Author Notes: I'm another American fascinated with French food. And I really like this recipe because it's so versatile, going from breakfast to dessert. —Elle Green
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons unsalted butter
In This Recipe
- Heat milk and butter in a small pot until butter has completed melted. Place eggs, dry ingredients and milk mixture in the blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least an hour.
- When ready to cook crêpes, remove batter from the refrigerator. Set aside and allow to reach room temperature.
- Heat crêpe pan over medium-high heat. Using a pastry brush or paper towel, coat the surface with grapeseed oil. Stir batter and ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan, quickly tilting to ensure the batter is evenly distributed and covers the entire surface. Cook crêpe for 45 seconds to a minute or until the edges are brown. Flip and allow to cook an additional 15 seconds.
- Transfer crêpe to a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue making crêpes, coating the pan with grapeseed oil as necessary.
- Adding a tablespoon of sugar yields a dessert crêpe. If looking for a savory crêpe, add fresh herbs.