Author Notes: Brings an oriental atmosphere to every home. Goes along pretty well with homemade focaccia. —Atelier Feinkunst
tablespoons Olive Oil
milliliters vegetabel bouillon
teaspoon Sambal Oelek
salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces of 1 cm.
- Pit the dates and chop in small pieces.
- Heat the oil, braise the carrots for 2-3 min.
- Deglaze with bouillon, add the dates and cook until carrots are soft.
- Meanwhile chop parsley and pistachio in small pieces.
- Put carrot mixture in a food processor, first remove the redundant liquid. Mix until smooth but do not overdue it.
- Stir in sambal and cinnamon, add salt, pepper and nutmag to taste.
- Finally add pistachio and parsley, keep some of both for decoration.
- Taste best lukewarm or also cold, spread on toast or serve with fresh made focaccia.