If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fragrant carrot cake with a crackly top is dotted with dried fruit from mincemeat, and spiced with a little cinnamon and caramelly brown sugar. It’s easy to whip up, is made in one bowl. Serve with creme fraiche and a cup of tea. —Deepa Mistry
Makes: 1 20cm cake
grams unsalted butter, softened
grams light brown sugar
teaspoon cinnamon powder
tablespoons sweet mincemeat
- Preheat your oven to 170c fan, 180c electric, gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer or using a wooden spoon, until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, grated carrot and mincemeat - mix to combine
- Tip the mixture in to 20cm round loose bottom cake tin. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 20 minutes before turning out, dusting with icing sugar and serving. It's lovely with a dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche.