If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this soup for my three-day detox protocol and it was just what my body needed for a winter evening - warming, bursting with flavor and nourishing. —The Awesome Green
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- fresh parsley, flaxseed, toasted mixed nuts, coconut milk - to garnish
- Heat the oven at 165°C/329°F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, turmeric, cumin, chili, coconut oil, salt and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then transfer into the blender.
- Add the warm broth, grated ginger and cooked lentil and process to obtain a smooth cream
- Serve warm, garnished with mixed nuts and seeds, parsley and coconut milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes