If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because pink food is pretty. —Slow Club Cookery
Coconut oil crust
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour + more as needed
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, chilled enough to be solid
- 1/2 cup chilled water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (frozen will work, too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- handful of additional raspberries (garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra melted coconut oil (garnish)
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sugar (garnish)
- to make the crust: Combine flour and cononut oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form, about 30 seconds. Gradually add water until dough begins to come together, it will still be crumb-y but should hold together when you try to form a ball. If it is too dry add water, a teaspoon at a time. Turn dough out onto a piece of parchment and use your hands to form it into a ball. Set aside.
- to make the filling: Wipe out the food processor and add drained cashews, raspberries, lemon juice, sweetener, coconut oil and sea salt. Process until well combined and smooth, about 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- assembling the pastry: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place your pastry dough on a lightly floured work surface and use a rolling pin to flatten it into a rectangle about 1/4" thick. Use your hands to straighten out any rough edges.
- Cut rolled out dough into 12 equal sized squares. Make four slices in each square, starting from each corner and stopping 1/2" from the center.
- Place a small scoop of filling, about 1Tbsp in the center of each piece of cut pastry. Fold every other cut corner in towards the center and press down gently to seal.
- Brush each folded pastry with additional melted coconut oil, dust with cane sugar, and garnish with a fresh raspberry or two.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes, until pastry is ever so slightly browned. Allow to cool and store any extras in the refrigerator for up to a week.