If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When everyone around you is on a juice detox after too many champs toasting in the new year, they're bound to get hungry. Make this warm, hearty soup for them. Poor things have just been drinking cold juice. Now you, go ahead and pour yourself a glass of Pinot Gris rose wine to devour this with. And bread. Never forget the bread! A nice baguette is a must. —Lauren A.
- 1 Small brown onion diced
- 4 Stocks celery diced
- 2 Small carrots diced
- 2 pounds Fresh asparagus, wooden ends removed, diced
- 4 cups Homemade chicken stock
- 6 ounces Greek Yogurt (I use 2 percent)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- .5 teaspoons Pepper
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Butter to sauté mireapoix
- Sauté your onion in butter in large dutch oven or pot till translucent
- Add in garlic cloves and sauté until you smell heaven
- Add in carrots and celery and sauté for a few minutes
- Add in your asparagus and sauté for one minute
- Pour your chicken stock in. Bring to a simmer and place lid on pot and simmer till vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and pour pot's content into your vita-mix blender. Be careful, it's hot! Purée for 2 minutes
- Add in the Greek yogurt, salt, pepper and the dash of cayenne and blend for another minute
- Taste and correct for seasoning
- Serve to your famished girlfriends with a drizzle of great olive oil and some finishing salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes