If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I cannot tell you how good these came out. My whole family devoured them and kept asking for more. This dough recipe actually came from the Butter Queen herself Paula Deen, so thanks Paula. —N. C. Stephens
cups Warm water
packet Active dry yeast
tablespoons olive oil
cup garlic olive oil
tablespoon Garlic powder
- Add warm water into a bowl of dry active yeast and let set for 10 minutes. Note: the water should be warm to the touch. Too warm of water and the yeast will die. And you don’t want to be known as a yeast murderer. No, no you do not.
- In a separate bowl add the flour and the salt and whisk together to combine.
- In one cup increments; add the flour/salt mixture to the yeast/water mixture. After the first cup of flour, add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Now mix, mix, and mix until dough forms.
- Put dough on well floured surface and knead for a minute. Note: It’s not need as in “I need your love”. Remember a very important rule of baking; dough can’t love. Put dough in a greased bowl and place bowl in the oven turned off with a towel over the bowl for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes, take your dough out of the oven, place it on well floured surface, divide in half, and roll out. Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C)
- Roll the dough out into a square shape (about a ½ inch thick). Take a pizza cutter or sharp knife and cut the dough into 1 inch strips long ways. Take your strips of dough and cut them in half
- With your half cut dough strips; fold them in half long ways (like a hot dog bun). Twist away all those bad feelings away until you get something twisty and fun.
- Sprinkle some corn meal on a cookie sheet. Lay the spiral strips of dough on the sheets, about ¼ inches apart
- Take a brush and gently brush your olive oil along the dough. Sprinkle some garlic powder and paprika over the dough. Take your brush again and brush over the sticks to evening coat the seasonings. Put your breadsticks in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown