If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you've eaten your last cookie, smeared you last bit of brie, gulped your last eggnog, it's time to focus on vegetables again. This vegetable soup will warm your belly with the spice of cumin, while filling it with a super boost of vitamins your body is craving this time of year. —Joy Thompson Stroup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound parsnips, chopped
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Heat Butter in large saucepan over medium low heat. Cooking onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and parsnips, cooking until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add carrot juice, broth, cumin, honey, salt and pepper. Bring to simmer, cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let soup cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in blender or food processor. (or immersion blender.)
- Return to pan, warm over low heat. Add greek yogurt. (Thin with water if too thick.) Serve garnished with chopped chives.