If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes just a few ingredients matter. Keeping it simple after a long work day with this light appetizer —Afrovitalityeats
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt / freshly ground black pepper / garlic
- red wine vinaigerette
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash, peel and dice squash into small bite size pieces
- Layer on a cookie sheet , drizzle with olive oil, add salt , black pepper and sage leaves then bake for ~ 20-25 minutes or until you get a nice brown color ( feel free to peak in the oven if you're not sure on your timing)
- Meanwhile, through some walnuts on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for ~5 minutes until crunchy. Let cool then lightly chop walnuts
- Toss arugula in a bowl with vinaigrette, add squash and toss, then top with chopped walnuts
- Plate and serve.