If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dark honey, crunchy almonds, whole grain oatmeal, lightly sweet coconut and golden raisins make these granola bars hearty and delicious! —garlic and zest
Makes 12 bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup dark honey
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a half sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Toss together the oatmeal, almonds and coconut on the baking sheet. Spread the mixture into a single layer and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the honey, almond butter, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add wheat germ to the oatmeal mixture and toss with your hands to combine.
- Add the oatmeal mixture and raisins to the honey mixture and combine thoroughly using a spatula. You may have to work several minutes to evenly coat the oatmeal.
- Line an 11 x 7 inch baking pan with parchment paper. (Cut the paper so that it fits the dimensions of the bottom of the pan, but hangs over the sides to make it easy to remove.)
- Pour granola mixture into the pan and press the mixture into an even layer in the pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool for half an hour. Refrigerate in the pan for 2 hours. When you're ready to cut into bars, carefully lift the parchment paper ends and set it on your cutting board. Use a very sharp straight edge chef's knife to make even cuts.