Author Notes: Crackly on the top, fudgy in the center with just a liiiiiiiiittle bit of chew, these brownies are what I think of as the "just right" combo, and they satisfy many a chocolate craving in my house. —Erin McDowell
Makes: one 9 x 9 inch pan
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
cup unsalted butter
cup vegetable oil
ounces semisweet chocolate
cup brown sugar
eggs, lightly whisked to combine
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 inch of overhang on the sides.
- In a medium heat safe bowl, combine the butter, oil, and chocolate. Place over a small pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is fully melted and combined. Let cool slightly.
- Add the sugars to the chocolate mixture and beat well to combine. Add the eggs gradually, mixing fully to incorporate before adding the next addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and mix to combine; beat well to ensure there are no flour pockets, but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until moist, clumpy crumbs appear when you insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!