If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crackly on the top, fudgy in the center with just a liiiiiiiiittle bit of chew, these brownies are what I think of as the "just right" combo, and they satisfy many a chocolate craving in my house. —Erin McDowell
Makes: one 9 x 9 inch pan
cup unsalted butter
cup vegetable oil
ounces semisweet chocolate
cup brown sugar
eggs, lightly whisked to combine
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 inch of overhang on the sides.
- In a medium heat safe bowl, combine the butter, oil, and chocolate. Place over a small pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is fully melted and combined. Let cool slightly.
- Add the sugars to the chocolate mixture and beat well to combine. Add the eggs gradually, mixing fully to incorporate before adding the next addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and mix to combine; beat well to ensure there are no flour pockets, but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until moist, clumpy crumbs appear when you insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: