If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a Holiday present, I received a subscription for a monthly gift box from graze.com, an online purveyor of healthy snacks that come in a great recyclable cardboard box, with 4 different snacking mixes sealed in their own nifty compartments. In my first graze.com gift box came a nice batch of "Booster Seeds", rich in Vitamin E and iron, that I used to make a healthy salad. Since I am always looking for quick and nutritious dishes that will tide me over until dinner, the idea came to combine the seeds with brussels sprouts to make this salad. I approximated the amounts of seeds to use just in case you are not getting a subscription to graze.com! —Bevi
Makes 2 portions
For the Salad Dressing
- Juice of 1/2 large Meyer Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Agave nectar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts, cleaned, with outer leaves stripped
- 1 tablespoon Golden flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower seeds
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing and set aside.
- Grate the brussels sprouts using a grating blade on a food processor, or grate by hand using a medium grate. Add all the seeds, the salad dressing, and mix thoroughly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad