If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lighter version of a decadent tasting rice pudding studded with luscious pieces of lychees and perfumed with rose water. An easy dessert that can be made a day ahead in advance and in the oven no less. A no stir recipe, no cook top recipe that will leave you free to use your time the way you wan to. —Namrata
- 1/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup lychess, fresh or canned
- 3 cups almond milk ( or regular 2% )
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon crushed alomnds for garnish
- 1 tablespoon rose petals ( optional ) for garnish
- Pre heat to 300F Rinse the rice under cool, clear water 3 times. Soak the rice in 1/2 cup water for 15 mts. Grind the rice along with it's soaking liquid into a coarse paste and set aside.
- Pulse the lychees 3 times in a blender or processor until little chunks can still be seen. Put the fruit with it's juices in a bowl, cover and let sit in the fridge until ready to use.
- Put the ground rice, milk, honey, vanilla seeds and milk in an 8' x8' ovenproof dish. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Place in the oven.
- Let cook for 1.5 hrs stirring the mixture every 30 mts.
- Remove and let cool on a rack. Alternatively, if you like your pudding thicker, let cook for an additional 15 mts before removing it from the oven.
- Once completely cooled, fold in the lychees with their juices and the rose water.. Serve garnished with crushed almonds and rose petals