If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 2 dozens small pinwheels
sheet puff pastry
grams roquefort cheese, crumbled
handfuls walnuts, chopped
- Take the cheese out of the fridge about 15 minutes before using to allow it to soften a bit.
- Roll out your puff pastry in a large rectangle, about 0,5cm/¼ inch thick.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the pastry and top with the chopped nuts.
- Roll as tightly as possible (think Swiss roll-tight).
- Lay your roll on a baking dish and pop it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the butter in the pastry to harden again. This will make the cutting part easier.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Take your roll out of the fridge and cut it into 1cm/½ inch thick slices.
- Place the slices on the paper-lined baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just golden. Do not allow to brown as it might burn the cheese and walnuts.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com