Makes: about 2 dozens small pinwheels
sheet puff pastry
grams roquefort cheese, crumbled
handfuls walnuts, chopped
In This Recipe
- Take the cheese out of the fridge about 15 minutes before using to allow it to soften a bit.
- Roll out your puff pastry in a large rectangle, about 0,5cm/¼ inch thick.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the pastry and top with the chopped nuts.
- Roll as tightly as possible (think Swiss roll-tight).
- Lay your roll on a baking dish and pop it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the butter in the pastry to harden again. This will make the cutting part easier.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Take your roll out of the fridge and cut it into 1cm/½ inch thick slices.
- Place the slices on the paper-lined baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just golden. Do not allow to brown as it might burn the cheese and walnuts.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com