If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is bursting with tomato goodness and has a touch cream for silkiness. —Nicole
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cherry red tomatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and thyme. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for twenty minutes or until tomatoes have burst.
- Meanwhile, place a large heavy bottomed pot over medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add chopped onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 15 min. Add the garlic and cook for another 4 min.
- Remove tomatoes from oven. Increase the heat to medium, add the tomatoes plus their juices and one tablespoon ketchup to the pot. Pour in broth, and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes with lid on.
- Remove the soup from heat. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup cream and black pepper. Top with garnishes of your choice.