If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wonderfully refreshing salad that combines the most typical Mediterranean flavours. —Yolenis
- 500 grams black-eyed peas
- 3 spring onions - chopped
- 1 dried onion - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon parsley - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin, orgranic olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 10 Wrinkled organic olives
- ground black pepper
- Wash the black-eyed peas well, and boil them in salted water for 45 minutes, until soft but before they turn pulpy. Skim off the foam as it rises to the top while they boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and strain the peas very well - getting rid of all the water. Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough, empty them out into a salad bowl and combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix very well.
- Serve the salad cold and garnish with the olives