If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This creamy potato soup is comfort food at its best! The croutons add fun, flavor and crunch!!!!! —Ronna F
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 2 cups day-old baguette cubes, crusts removed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen white corn niblets
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter, olive oil and 1 teaspoon garlic in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, remove bowl and stir. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Place cubed bread on a cookie sheet. Drizzle butter mixture over bread cubes. Toss gently to coat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Toss again to coat.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pot, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, onion and jalapeno. Saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add remaining garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly stir in chicken broth; whisk until well blended.
- Add diced potato and remaining salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and half and half. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with bacon, chives and croutons.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0