If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from Brooks Headley’s Fancy Desserts; it's especially good in the Polenta Shortcake with Blackberry Compote (https://food52.com/recipes/33059-polenta-shortcake-with-blackberry-compote).
Reprinted from Brooks Headley’s Fancy Desserts: The Recipes of Del Posto’s James Beard Award-Winning Pastry Chef by Brooks Headley with Chris Cechin-De La Rosa. Copyright © 2014 by Brooks Headley. Photographs copyright © 2014 by Jason Fulford and Tamara Shopsin. With permission of the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. All rights reserved. —Food52
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups (500 grams) heavy cream
- 1 corn cob, stripped of kernels
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) powdered sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, warm the cream. Add the corn cob, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Let the milk infuse on your countertop for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture through a chinois or fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Meantime, place an empty mixing bowl in the freezer until it is very cold.
- Transfer the cold corn cream to the cold mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar and salt, and whisk until fluffy.