If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and healthy appetizer made with wild-caught smoked salmon, protein-rich Greek yogurt, lemon, fresh herbs, capers and potatoes. —Amee Beck Livingston
Makes about 2 dozen rounds
- 12 ounces wild caught smoked Salmon
- 2 Idaho Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained of juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice potatoes about ¾ “ thickness and place into a large bowl of cold water to remove excess starch.
- Pat slices dry and place into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place slices on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and season lightly with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, flip and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Potatoes should be just lightly golden, not crunchy.
- Sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh chives and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together chopped dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, cream cheese and salt.
- Top each potato round with 1-2 teaspoons of yogurt sauce, a slice of salmon, a few capers and a garnish sprig of fresh dill.
- Serve room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0