Author Notes: Pop this in the oven during the pregame show and let me know how much is left (if any) when Katy Perry takes the field. —Kendra Vaculin
14 1/2-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon black pepper
cooked chicken breasts, shredded
bag salted tortilla chips (mine was 13 ounces)
ounces shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack)
cup pico de gallo (homemade or store bought)
1 or 2
ripe avocados, cubed
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Heat a pan over medium. Add beans and spices and heat through. Add shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- On a medium baking pan with a high lip (or another oven-proof casserole dish), spread out a serious layer of tortilla chips. Next, evenly spread half of the chicken and beans mixture over the chips, and then half of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of chips, the rest of the chicken and beans, and then the remaining cheese. Silence the part of you that thinks this is too much cheese. That part of you should only speak when spoken to. You have not asked its opinion.
- Bake nachos in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until both layers of cheese are melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and sprinkle with pico de gallo and cubed avocado before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!