If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is hearty, aromatic, delicious and good for you! Parsley is rich in vitamins, low in calories and it's strong herbal flavor and stiff texture is a perfect match for slow baked sweet potatoes, which are almost caramelized when they come out of the oven. Plus, you can make this dish early, cover and chill to serve at any time of the day! Enjoy! —Sarah Jo Jolly
- 2 Medium-Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 bunches Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Kale (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Medium Granny Smith Apple (julienne)
- 1/2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds, aka Pepitas (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/8 cup Lemon Juice (fresh squeeze 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 Medium Avocado (smashed until smooth)
- 1 splash Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 dashes Sea Salt
- 1 dash Chili Flake
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes. Poke all over with a fork. Place on foiled cookie sheet and bake for 30mins. Turn over and cook another 20-30 mins depending on size of potato.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Wash hands and massage all ingredients together. Massaging vs. tossing the slaw will soften the kale and release the herbal aroma of the parsley.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, slice vertically down the center and let cool.
- Scoop parsley slaw into the middle of each potato and serve at room temperature. (Or cover and chill to serve cold.)
- Garnish with a sprinkle of raw sunflower seeds on top. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0