If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love potatoes?This potato roast is made in South Indian style by deep frying the cooked potatoes and coated with a sauce .This sauce is made with shallots and sambar powder. Sambar powder is a important flavorful spice powder in South Indian kitchen.
- 5 Medium Potato
- 5 Shallots
- 1 teaspoon Sambar Powder(available in all Indian stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel powder
- to deep fry Oil
- to taste Salt
- to garnish chopped cilantro
- In a pot boil potatoes until tender.Peel the skin off and cut it into cubes.
- Heat oil for deep frying and cook until golden crisp
- Grind the shallots,sambar powder,chili powder,fennel powder,salt into a fine paste.(sprinkle little water if necessary)
- In a pan heat oil(fapprox 3teaspoon) and add the ground paste to it .Cook until oil oozes out.
- Add little water(approx 4-5 tbsp) and let it boil.
- Put the fried potatoes to it and cook for another 3 minutes .Toss the potatoes so that the sauce coats it well.
- Finally garnish with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0