Author Notes: I do not remember where did I get the recipe but it is my absolute favourite, I used for years.
And yes, it is not mistaken, when you taste you are in heaven or at least close. —anka
Serves: bunch of hungry people
teaspoons active dry yeast
cup kalamata olives,
tablespoons olive oil
small red onions
cup red roasted peppers sliced
cup fresh basil
cups warm water
- In a bowl, mix together 1tbs flour, yeast, sugar and water.
- In meantime slice red onion and saute in frying pan with olive oil.
- Clean olives from pits, but live in big peace.
- Slice red roasted peppers.
- Chop parsley and basil.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cooked onion, red pepper, parsley, basil and salt.
- Add water and yeast. Mix to combine and knead for 2 min.
- Cover and set it aside on worm place to rise for about 45 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the risen dough down and then knead it again.
- Cover it again and leave to rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Invert the dough onto the oiled baking tray.
- Use your hands to shape the dough.
- Leave the dough to rise again.
- Slice top of the dough 2-3 times.
- Bake the loaf at 350F for 5o-60 minutes.
- Leave to cool before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe