If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was and still is one of my favorite meals. Growing up with my brother we had competition who can eat more of the dumplings.My grandmother made only with plums, when plums are not in season she us to make them with prunes . But can be made wit any fruit some people make with meat and cheese. With same dough she make " šufnudle" long shape dumplings rolled in same butter and bread crumbs or crescent shape frayed in oil and served with goulash . —anka
- 3 large potatoes, russet (obout 2 pound)
- 3 cups flour, 2 cups for dough, 1 cup for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 20-30 plums
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Place the peeled and cut potatoes into a saucepan with salted water.
- Cook 15-20 min or or until you can easily poke them with a fork.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water and add 1/4 cup butter, mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Let cool
- When cool add 2 eggs and mix before you add 2 cups flour.
- Now you can kneed by hand, add more flour if is to wet.
- At this point put big pot with salted water on the stove.
- Roll dough it into a cylinder about 4-5 cm thick and cut 2-3 cm pieces. pieces
- In the middle put plum and shape the dumplings. Dumplings arrange on a floured tray
- Put them in the boiling water one by one and steer so they don't stick to the bottom of pot.
- When they come to the surface, cook another 3-5 minutes.
- In meantime, melt 3/4 butter in large fraying pan add breadcrumbs and fray for 2-3 min, make sure not to burn them.
- Now take one by one dumpling and roll into butter and breadcrumb, keep them worm.
- Serve with sugar and cinnamon or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0