If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was and still is one of my favourite meals. Growing up with my brother there was the competition going on who can eat more of the dumplings.My grandmother made only with plums when plums are not in the season she used to make them with prunes. Dumplings can be made with any fruit; some people make with meat and cheese. With some dough my grandmother made "šufnudle" long shape dumplings rolled in butter and bread crumbs or crescent-shaped fried in oil and served with goulash. —anka
- 3 large potatoes, russet (about 2 pound)
- 3 cups flour, 2 cups for dough, 1 cup for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 20-30 plums
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Place the peeled and cut potatoes into a saucepan with salted water.
- Cook 15-20 min or until you can easily poke them with a fork.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water and add 1/4 cup butter, mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Let cool.
- When cool add 2 eggs and mix before you add 2 cups flour.
- Now you can knee by hand, add more flour if is to wet.
- At this point put a big pot of salted water on the stove.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder shape about 4-5 cm thick and cut 2-3 cm pieces. pieces
- Put plum in the middle and shape the dumplings, arrange them on a floured tray.
- Put them in the boiling water one by one and steer so they don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When they come to the surface, cook another 3-5 minutes.
- In meantime melt, 3/4 butter in the large frying pan add breadcrumbs and fray for 2-3 min, make sure not to burn them.
- Now take one by one dumpling and roll into butter and breadcrumb, keep them a worm.
- Serve with sugar and cinnamon or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0