If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato sandwiches are every vegetarian's favorite and is a very popular Indian sandwich recipe. Addition of mozzarella cheese gives a unique flavor to this recipe. This sandwich is great for breakfast, kid's lunchboxes and evening snacks. They taste great and are very easy to prepare. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-potato-cheese-sandwich —Healthline
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Add all the spices, green chili and chopped coriander to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Take a slice of bread and put the potato mixture on top of it. Spread 1/2 of the grated cheese and cover with another bread slice. Prepare the other sandwich in a similar manner.
- Grill the sandwiches in pre-heated non-stick griller for 5-10 minutes or until both the sides of bread are crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0