If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is completely different – fries, but ones with the most desirable culmination of sweet and savoury. I hope I haven’t lost you yet, ‘cause these..these are so good.
I love sweet potatoes. As you might’ve guessed from my earlier posts, I go a little cuckoo in the head with food pairings. Like this for instance. I’ll have you know though, that this only works sometimes (I still don’t understand the chocolate-chilli hype). But, there obviously is some kind of a yin-yang balance to this theory – fig and ham, salted caramel – now these I agree with wholeheartedly.
These fries are squidgy in the middle with a slight crispiness on the outside. The sugar content in the sweet potatoes helps the edges char ever so slightly in the heat, and the subtle smokiness from it works gloriously with the natural nuttiness of the tuber. A healthier, more exciting substitute to its ubiquitous counterpart that is half the calories with so much more flavour! —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
Serves: 2 - 3
pound sweet potatoes
teaspoons Cajun seasoning
teaspoon Chilli powder (optional)
tablespoons Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 230 C (450 F) and line a baking tray with parchment/aluminium foil.
- Slice the unpeeled sweet potatoes into batons of approx. 3” length X 1/2” width. Rinse them well and leave them immersed in a tub of cold water for half an hour. Lay them out on a kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Place them on the aluminium foil. Drizzle with Olive oil and sprinkle with salt, chilli powder (if using) and Cajun seasoning, and toss to coat. Spread them out evenly and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, flipping them halfway until they are cooked through and browned on the outside. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0