If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two of my favorite salads, potato salad and the wedge are combined to make one flavorful and beautiful side dish. —Lisa Keys
- 6 (medium-size) Idaho red potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 ounces crumbly blue cheese like Roquefort or Danish blue
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender; drain and cool. Slice each potato into 6 wedges; place in a large bowl.
- In food processor combine mayonnaise, heavy cream, vinegar, 2/3 of the blue cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; process just until combined.
- Add dressing, tomatoes, scallions, 2 tablespoons parsley and ¾ of the bacon to the potatoes; toss well. Taste and season with remaining salt, if needed.
- Line serving platter with lettuce. Spoon potato salad on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, bacon and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0