If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this every time I have people over for dinner that I want to impress. It goes great with any sort of meat as a side dish, or, with a little tweaking, can be a meal in itself! —Lisa Lepak
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- After washing your potatoes well, slice them paper thin (I love using my mandolin for this.
- While you're slicing potatoes, melt butter in a cast iron pan
- Once butter is melted and potatoes are sliced, place a layer of potatoes, overlapping, inside the pan.
- Continue to layer potatoes, sprinkling chopped parsley and salt between layers.
- When all the potatoes are layered, place pan on medium heat on stove.
- When bottom is brown, place pan in 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- Bake until top is golden and potatoes are cooked through...approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan by inverting on plate.
- Slice like you would a pie and serve. May add sour cream and chives on top if you wish.