Author Notes: I make this every time I have people over for dinner that I want to impress. It goes great with any sort of meat as a side dish, or, with a little tweaking, can be a meal in itself! —Lisa Lepak
large russet potatoes
- After washing your potatoes well, slice them paper thin (I love using my mandolin for this.
- While you're slicing potatoes, melt butter in a cast iron pan
- Once butter is melted and potatoes are sliced, place a layer of potatoes, overlapping, inside the pan.
- Continue to layer potatoes, sprinkling chopped parsley and salt between layers.
- When all the potatoes are layered, place pan on medium heat on stove.
- When bottom is brown, place pan in 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- Bake until top is golden and potatoes are cooked through...approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan by inverting on plate.
- Slice like you would a pie and serve. May add sour cream and chives on top if you wish.