If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butternut squash is the darling of autumn soups, but this version takes the flavors up a notch with the addition of creamy, nutty hummus. Bring it all together with a bit of thyme and crispy roasted chickpeas for crunch. —Cava Grill
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 8-ounce container Cava Foods Hummus
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- olive oil
- Add butternut squash, carrots, onion, and vegetable broth to a slow cooker. Cook for 1 hour. Add salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and 1 cup hummus to soup and cook an additional 1 hour. Puree soup with an immersion blender or stand blender and season to taste.
- For chickpeas: Toss chickpeas with salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne, and cumin. Drizzle with olive oil and roast over low heat (about 200 degrees Fahrenheit) for 30-40 minutes, stirring and rearranging occasionally. Garnish soup with crispy roasted chickpeas.