If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This oh-so-simple tart is guaranteed to be a hit! There’s really nothing better than the deeply aromatic flavor of caramelized onions paired up with a buttery, flaky crust and punchy CrazyFeta. You’ll want to bookmark this one for when there’s last-minute company this season. —Cava Grill
- 1 pre-made pie crust (or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 3 white onions
- 1 8-ounce carton Cava Foods CrazyFeta
- Prepare your favorite pie crust or use a store-bought crust.
- To caramelize onions: Thinly slice onions. Sauté in a medium skillet over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes. Deglaze toward the end with a little bit of water if necessary. Onions should reach a deep brown hue (and smell amazing).
- To assemble the tart: Spread an even 3/4-inch layer of CrazyFeta across the bottom of the crust. Layer caramelized onions on top. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes, until crust is lightly golden-brown (you can egg-wash the edges of the crust, but be sure to cover with foil to avoid burning).
- Serve and Enjoy!
More Great Recipes:
Pies & Tarts