If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A classic French recipe for luscious scalloped potatoes —Cat Marie
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- nutmeg, freshly ground
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Using a mandoline slice the potatoes 1/8" thick and soak in cold water for 1minute. Drain well. Mix the butter and garlic in a small bowl. Use a third to grease a shallow oven proof dish.
- Spread a layer of potatoes over the bottom. Sprinkle lightly with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add a layer of cheese. Dot with half the remaining butter. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, seasoning and cheese; ending with a layer of cheese on top. Pour the cream over the top and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours, until potatoes are creamy and golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0