If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the lazy chef's way to create a healthy and tasty tomato based lamb ragout pasta. For the ragout, all you need is a sausage, can diced tomatoes, worcester sauce, an onion, tomato paste and salt and pepper to season. As for the pasta, I used wholewheat penne to boost my fibre intake, helping me feel full and satisfied for longer. —Michelle Tang
- 400 milliliters canned tomatoes (diced)
- 1 teaspoon worcester sauce
- 1 gourmet lamb sausage
- 1 cup wholewheat penne
- 1 bunch freshly torn basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat saucepan, add a knob of olive oil and then throw in the diced shallots. After 1-2 minutes, open can of diced tomatoes and pour all the contents in. Low boil for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. Add 1 teaspoon of worcester sauce and a squirt of tomato paste (~ 1 tablespoon). Season with salt and pepper. Stir until dissolved.
- While tomato sauce is brewing, de-skin the sausage. Simply use a small knife to peel off the skin.
- Mash the sausage content with a fork and sprinkle with some black pepper.
- By now the pasta should be ready. Drain the pasta in a colander and pour cooked pasta into a serving bowl. Pour the tomato sauce with the lamb ragout on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese if desired. There you go – a 30 minute ragout. Serve and enjoy.