If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What I really enjoy about this chili, besides from the sweet aroma of the cinnamon, is the colors. You're basically eating half of a rainbow here! Add some avocado and you’re like 65% rainbow. —Katlyn Franklin Wolinski
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion, roughly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- In a large pot, heat oil on a medium-high heat
- Add onions to pot and sauté for about 3 minutes, then add in the garlic for a minute more.
- Once onions are transparent, add in chili powder, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Add in bell peppers, corn, black beans, pinto beans, chopped tomatoes, and harissa paste. Give the pot a good stir and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover pot, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes
- Serve hot over brown rice if desired. Top with cheddar cheese and/or avocado if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans