If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you think "raw vegan" is code for "very hard to eat and made of straight up grass" you are...sometimes right. But not this time! These bars are addictively chewy and made of the kind of stuff you feel good about putting in your body, even though your mouth is convinced it's candy. An oven-less, egg-less win. —Kendra Vaculin
Makes about 20 (if you cut them small!)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I used smooth almond, but sunbutter would be awesome!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons -- heaping, because it's chocolate -- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until crumbly, and then add dates. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Just stop here and eat this whole thing with a spoon. No? That's gross? Ok. Next step.
- Press the mixture into a small wax- or parchment-lined dish or baking sheet with a lip (an 8 x 8-inch pan works well) until flat and even. Freeze for 30 minutes, and then slice.
- Keep in a container in the refrigerator (or the freezer) with layers separated by wax paper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!