Author Notes: It will be perfect if you have your own homemade sauerkraut, but life is not perfect. —anka
head of sour cabbage medium size (about 2- 3 pound)
cup olive oil (optional)
black pepper freshly ground,
some people prefer paprika
In This Recipe
- Cut the cabbage into quarters.
- Cut each quarter crosswise into 3-5 mm wide stripes.
- Arrange them in a salad bowl, sprinkle with pepper and add oil if you are using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer