Author Notes: About pumpkin seed oil
It is very common in Croatia
It is used as a finishing oil, not a cooking oil.
Great on vegetable, salads, soups, fresh cheese, pasta and risotto. —anka
pound Brussels sprouts
cup olive oil
tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
pinches chilli flakes
tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds if you are using
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl, put Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half.
- Sprinkle with few turns pink Himalayan salt and few turns of black pepper.
- Pinch of chilli flakes.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast for 25-35 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- You will have some char leafs do not remove them. They will give a richer flavour.
- When cocked back to the bowl, drizzle over with 2 tbsp pumpkin seed oil, toss gently.
- You can sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seed.