Author Notes: Easy peasy shrimp pasta with white wine tomato cream sauce, ready in 10 minutes! —Ala Lemon
grams linguine or other long pasta (12.4 oz.)
tablespoon olive oil
medium shallots, chopped
clove garlic, minced
milliliters dry white wine (½ cup)
grams cocktail or cherry tomatoes, halved (8.8 oz.)
tablespoons heavy cream
grams cooked shrimp (3.5 oz.)
bunch fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- If you are using frozen shrimp, remove them from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature before using.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to package directions. 1 or 2 minutes before your pasta is done cooking, ladle about 250ml / 1 cup of the cooking water into a cup.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, along with the shrimp and cream, and toss to combine. If you find the sauce is too thick, add a splash of the pasta water.
- Add the coriander and serve immediately.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com