If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buffalo Chicken Soup... sure to clear the sinuses! —mtlabor
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup shell pasta
- blue cheese, for topping
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken chunks and set aside.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken and set aside again.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to pot and add vegetables. Cook until soft and translucent, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add back in the chicken, chicken stock, hot sauce, and shells. Cook until noodles becomes soft. The longer you let it sit, the spicier it will get!
- Top with blue cheese and dig on in!