Author Notes: This is traditional Croatian pasta dish.
The mlinci is served as a side dish accompanying roasted meat.
One of the most popular specialties is Purica s mlincima (Roasted turkey with mlinci).
cup cold water
- Mix flour, eggs and water to make a harder dough. Roll out.
- Or you can just do like me, by fresh lasagne sheets( 5X10 inches). Count one sheet per person.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 F or until crispy and golden on both sides (about 3- 5 minutes each side, keep eyes on it, darker they get nuttier flavour it is ), take out and let cool.You will have to work in batches.
- You can do this day in advents.
- Break mlinci into large pieces, put in a bowl.
- Pour enough salted boiling water over mlinci to cover them, leave for no more than 5-6 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Mix mlinci with roast dripping and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe