If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light and healthy gluten free grain salad with a citrus dressing. —Karen Kelly
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons muscat orange vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 oranges segmented and juiced (cara cara oranges)
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt salt to taste
- Place the millet and water (or chicken broth) in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes. I use a rice cooker. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, maple syrup, orange vinegar, balsamic vinegar, zest of one orange and juice of two oranges. Salt to taste.
- Cute the oranges into segments removing all the bitter pith.
- Put the cooled millet in a large bowl and use a fork to toss with the dressing. Add the orange segments, cucumbers, mint and parsley. Salt to taste.