If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kimchi fried rice recipe: incredibly complex, deliciousness, yet super easy and takes just 15 minutes. http://www.peacefuldumpling.com/vegan-korean-recipes-cauliflower-kimchi-fried-rice —Peaceful Dumpling
- 1/2 piece head cauliflower (or about 2 cups rice)
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter (important, don’t skip it)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/5 block tofu, cubed
- 1 dash sea salt (for tofu)
- 1 nori flakes (for garnish)
- 1 toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- 1 chopped green onions (garnish)
- 1. Chop cauliflower into chunks and pulse in a blender or food processor (about 6-8 quick pulses) until they turn into “rice.”
- 2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add EVOO. When the oil is hot, add tofu cubes and leave them alone for about 4 minutes. Seriously, just go do something and come back. This is how you get a nice golden crust. Check a few pieces to see the color, and then flip them over onto the other side, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, add vegan butter. Over medium heat, add kimchi and kimchi juice, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, lightly stirring. Add cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 or so minutes, until cauliflower is completely cooked.
- 4. To serve, top rice with tofu cubes. Garnish the fried rice with nori flakes, sesame seeds, and green onions, and serve.