If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Good old fashioned banana bread with a moist, tender crumb. You'd never, ever guess it was gluten free! —Camilla Maybee
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 3.5 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 medium)
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda,guar gum, and cinnamon Set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the mashed banana, brown sugar, eggs, butter, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.