If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthful and easy to assemble slow cooker curried lentil tortilla, born out of a desire to feed hungry mouths at Halloween a simple, low maintenance and whole food dinner. This has become a favorite in our home. Spoon the lentils into warm tortilla and top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with a refreshing light Mexican beer, a mango yoghurt smoothie or an iced Chai Latte. —Jane McKay
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1.5 cups French green lentils
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 packet flour tortilla
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion, carrot, ginger, garlic and sauté gently for 3 minutes.
- Next stir the spices and curry powder into the onion mixture and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, lentils and chicken broth water mixture. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the lentil mixture into the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 2 ½ hours. This can be left on the warm setting for up to 2 hours once cooked.
- Make up the tortilla as required, spooning a generous amount of lentils into the center, top with sour cream and chopped cilantro
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans